A word to the wise

FAIR USE NOTICE: Copyright protects the particular way authors have expressed themselves. It does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in a work. ~ U.S. Copyright Office

This blog may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of issues of humanitarian significance. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to anyone who has an interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

CONTENT DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the media, articles or comments on this blog are those of the speakers or authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by the administrator. As the limited administrator of this blog, I oversee it based on personal unwritten policy but I should not be held accountable for all of the information you may find here. Furthermore, I cannot warrant the precision, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of all of the information contained herein.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Browser Speed Test

Microsoft put together the Internet Explorer Test Drive site to showcase Internet Explorer 10's capabilities. So, since I have both of the latest versions of IE and Chrome (as of 4/17/2013), I thought I would give it a decidedly unscientific whirl on the machine I put together for my wife. I used the Mandlebrot Explorer's Fern Curl (from the link, click on "Presets" and choose "Fern Curl") since that required the most iterations per second for all browsers that Microsoft included in their data (and supposedly showed IE 10 as the clear winner):

 
IE 10 - 27.23 seconds with 8,141,850 iterations per second
Chrome - 69.88 seconds with 3,172,618 iterations per second

 But here are the snipping tool results from my superior (in relation to the one Microsoft used) machine:

 Internet Explorer 10:

Fine Detail: 8.97 seconds for a total of 221,702,566 iterations or 24,716,005 iterations per second (sort of fast).

  Chrome:

Fine Detail: 2.34 seconds for the same total of 221,702,566 iterations or 94,744,686 iterations per second  (383%  faster)

Nothing exceptionally meaningful, but I thought it was interesting.

And to be completely fair and demonstrably unbiased, I suppose I should again point out the obvious and explicitly state that my results were achieved on a superior computer to the platform used by Microsoft and completely different (newer) versions of the browsers than those used by Microsoft to attain their data above.

BTW, I went ahead and purchased  a Noctua nh-d14 for my next computer build. I'll be posting more about that soon.

No comments: